🔵 *NORTH EAST INDIA* 🔵
Arunachal Pradesh Governor *P B Acharya* said, " Indians know more about the US than about the Northeast".
He made a valid point - very few of us know enough about the Northeast.
Here are some of the surprising facts about the Northeast.
1) There are *eight states* in Northeast: Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura, Sikkim, Nagaland.
2) There are nearly *220 languages* spoken in the Northeast, It is a mix of Tibetan, South-east Asian and East Indian Cultures.
3) Northeast is the only part of India that the *Mughal Empire could not conquer*.
4) The *Ahom Dynasty*, which ruled the Northeast for 600 years, is the longest unbroken Dynasty in Indian history.
5) The world's largest river island, the *Majuli* and the world's smallest river island, *Umananda* both are in the Northeast.
6) *Seven prominent National Parks* of India are located in Northeast.
7) *Shillong* is considered as the Rock Capital of India.
8) *Mawsynram* in Meghalaya holds the Guinness World Record for being the Wettest Place on Earth.
9) *Sualkuchi* in Assam is one of the World's largest weaving villages where the entire population is engaged in weaving Silk Fabrics.
10) *Mugs*, the Golden Silk of Assam, is not produced anywhere else in the World.
11) It is the cleanest region in India. *Mawlynnong* in Meghalaya is the cleanest village in *entire Asia*.
12) 70% of the country's *Orchids* are found in Northeast.
13) Mizoram and Tripura are among the states with the highest *Literacy* rate in India.
14) There is *no Dowry* culture in entire Northeast.
*These are only a few interest facts about the Northeast*
Kindly spread this information to all your contacts to develop the *Tourism* in Northeast.